Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Bill Burr: I'm Sorry You Feel That Way (2014) NR

A Netflix original.

Standup comedian Bill Burr covers a lot of hilarious territory, including sex, religion, parenting, gun ownership, adoption, and marriage.

Don't watch this if you are easily offended, especially in religious matters.  I found a lot of his ideas a little repugnant (considering his views on marriage and getting along with his wife, I can see why it took him until the age of 45 to get married in the first place).  I still laughed my ass off, and not all of it was because of the "omg I can't believe someone dares to say this out loud" factor.

I'm glad someone else is finally saying something about population control, though.  And that I'm not the only person in the world that has to "shout stuff out of my head".

An unprecedented count of thirty laugh out loud moments... which probably should have been higher, but some laughs blended into each other and I was trying to maintain count integrity.

As a viewing for knitters, this is perfect, as most standup comedy is.  You can just listen.  Very little of his comedy was physically based, except for maybe the angling of the microphone while pretending to sleep as a burglar was breaking into his house.

A good descriptor of this set might be "irreverent".  Also, I he's either dead wrong about Lutheranism, or they practice a different set of beliefs overseas... fair warning to my Minnesota friends and family.  That bit might make you mad.

Otherwise, it's a good hour-plus of something to keep your brain occupied while you're crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment